The Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA)
Website address: http://www.lytssy.cn
CPSA is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Unless otherwise notified, CPSA assumes you have consented for us to use your personal data if you have:
- completed our membership form when joining the society
- completed our renewal form when renewing membership
- submitted an entry form when entering an exhibition
- made a purchase (including convention events) from the CPSA website
Information about you
When you join CPSA, submit entries to our shows, or make purchases (including paid convention events), we collect your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information as requested by the associated form at the time.
We keep no financial information about you.
How we use your information
We use the data you provide strictly for administration and processing purposes including the following services:
- tracking membership and signature status
- keeping record of artwork displayed in CPSA exhibitions
- producing the annual membership directory (a PDF file provided only to members)
- mailing the CPSA newsmagazine, To The Point, to members
- sending email communications about important announcements
- processing purchases made at the CPSA website
The only personal data displayed on the CPSA website might be your name, state or country, and the URL of your personal website (if you submit one). No other personal data ever appears on the CPSA website.
Data from show entries are used solely for the purpose of administering the exhibition, including but not limited to: jurying and judging of artwork, tracking signature status, communications about the exhibition; show programs, and art labels.
How long we retain your data
CPSA keeps and updates your data for as long as you remain a member. Within six months of a lapse in membership, we will cease actively processing your data and remove you from the membership list.
For purchases from our website, CPSA stores the information provided until the event is over or the sale transaction has been completed and the data are no longer needed for administrative purposes.
For artwork submitted to our exhibitions, your name and state or country are retained to give credit to artwork displayed on the CPSA website. Data about accepted artwork are saved as long as you remain a member of CPSA.
How we store and protect your data
- Database: CPSA maintains a database of information about members and other artists who may participate in CPSA events. That information is stored as an encrypted digital file held securely by STAT Computer Services and maintained by the CPSA membership director. Access to this file is password protected and limited to the authorized STAT support person and members of the CPSA governing board who may require access for execution of their duties. These members are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing and processing.
- Website: The CPSA website (www.lytssy.cn) protects your data by employing security software which regularly scans for attempts to penetrate the website administration and blocks those attempts using brute force protection. The administrative portion of the website is password protected and restricted to administrators of the website. In addition, our website is hosted by Bluehost (www.bluehost.com) which provides additional protective software.
- Purchases: Purchases from the CPSA website are processed using a WooCommerce SSL certificate and dedicated IP for safety and encryption. Actual payment is made through the PayPal.com website.
- Cookies: Cookies are used by the CPSA website to process purchases and to associate customers with data in their shopping cart. These may include three cookies from WooCommerce and one from Modern Tribes Event Tickets. WordPress and Amazon Associates may also deposit cookies. These are small text files and contain no personal information.
Your rights over your data
You may request that we delete certain personal data we may hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you wish to know the basic membership data we hold, please contact the CPSA membership director (email@example.com).
How we might share your data
- CPSA provides the names and addresses of members to the printer of To The Point to enable them to process the mailing of the newsmagazine.
- For email announcements, CPSA uses the services of Vertical Response. We provide the names and email addresses of members (except those who have opted out) to Vertical Response for distribution of email announcements. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time, either by contacting the CPSA membership director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or using the Unsubscribe option offered in each email.
- CPSA allows its corporate members to make limited use of members鈥 contact data to inform them of special discounts and art-related promotions. You may opt out of such offerings by requesting a 鈥減artial listing鈥 of just name, city, and state/country in the CPSA membership directory.
Other parties from whom we receive data
- CPSA receives data from PayPal.com about purchasers and purchases made at the CPSA website.
- CPSA receives data about artists who enter our shows from CaF脡 (CallForEntry.org), the leading online application and adjudication system for managing entries to art exhibitions.
Information found on this website has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time. CPSA does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information on this website and does not endorse any content, viewpoints, products, or services shown on websites linked from this system.
By using the CPSA website, you assume all risks associated with its use, including risk of your computer, software, or data being damaged by any virus, program, or file which might be transmitted or activated by a CPSA page or your access to it. CPSA shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of the CPSA website.
Version 1.0 鈥 5/25/2018